About our pricing

We receive a lot of questions regarding pricing for our creative digital services, such as design, development and strategy. “How much does a website cost?” More often than not, the default answer is “it depends on the project”.

This is the most common answer that any agency, company or freelancer will give. There are so many factors that go into developing a scope of work for a project and then figuring out the cost.

At Transition, we do not have set prices for our web design, development, consulting or graphic services. Every project is very different. However, we wanted to be as transparent as possible with our future partners, and provide some answers to frequently asked questions, regarding pricing, types of projects and the size of projects we love to take on.

What are Transition’s rates?

We do not have set rates because we charge on a per project basis. Some of the projects we take on will fall into a general range, but this will vary depending on the scope of work, deliverables and timeline. An average project budget can be in the £300 – £4,000. For larger scale projects, budgets will range between £5,000 – £20,000+. Before we can provide an estimate and approach to your project, we ask a lot of questions and learn as much as possible about your business.

What type of projects does Transition take on?

There is no project too small (or too large) for us. We take on the projects we love working on and are passionate about. We also don’t want to tackle a project that we cannot lend value to. That being said, most of our projects include: Web Design, Web Development, UX Design, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), WordPress CMS and eCommerce. Web projects account for about 75% of our business. The other 25% is very firmly with Graphic Design, Branding, Print and Interpretation.

How does Transition bill their partners?

All of our projects are quoted on a per-project basis. We do not bill hourly for project work. The only time we do bill hourly is for minor updates outside the scope of work, or for on-going updates and support. However, we do offer month to month retainer billing. Projects are broken into three segments. As the project moves forward, payments are made at various key stages helping to keep all stakeholders engaged with the project. The following payment schedule is only applicable to projects £2,500.00 and above. Anything below is split into two payments of 40% and 60%.

Payment one: 40% of overall costs due as a project deposit and also acts as approval to proceed with works outlined in a proposal provided along with estimates. Once payment one is made, the work will be scheduled along with a meeting plan.
Payment two
: 30% of overall costs due on sign-off of creative design.
Payment three: 30% of overall costs due on sign-off.

Having a payment plan has proven very popular with existing partners, helping them budget. If your project is above £6,000.00, the option to break the costs into six equal payments or less can be requested subject to terms. It is not possible to allow schedules to run more than six months.

What are the hidden fees?

There are no hidden fees. We are upfront about our costs and do not bill our clients beyond our agreed upon budget, unless there is a request made outside of the scope of work. However, there are certain 3rd party fees that may or may not come along with creating a new digital project, such as: hosting, domain registration, stock photo licensing, font licensing or other 3rd party services. We always do our best to plan ahead and research these fees for you ahead of time.

Does Transition work with start-ups?

Absolutely! We love working with start-ups and new brands. Building a company from the ground up is exactly the type of projects we LOVE to work on. We have a great customer base ranging from start-ups to multinationals, and everything in-between.

We look forward to partnering with you.

Transition are great. They explained everything really clearly, and helped me get a website up in no time at all. They're always on the end of the phone when I needed anything. I would highly recommend their services and will be using them again in the future.

Dan Radford
Dan Radford

Director – Edemo Bikes